Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Break, part 1: Easter


Around Easter every year, the girls end up hunting eggs, in some form or another, no less than 3 times, and this year was no exception. Our first hunt was at Julia's school. This was on their last day before school let out for Spring Break, and it was really cold outside. Okay, it wasn't in the 30's or anything, but for the beginning of April, 50 degree temperatures seem really chilly to me. Here are a few pictures from Julia's school egg hunt.

Julia was really excited to see me and Lily there for her Easter egg hunt and party.






Our second "egg hunt" of the season was at an Easter event at a local church here in Winterville. And I use the term egg hunt loosely, because you'll see why.
It was called The Great Greenville Egg Drop, and judging by the name, it was going to be fabulous. Thousands of eggs would be dropped out of a hot air balloon for kids to "hunt." The only problem was the less than ideal wind conditions. The event coordinators tried once to get the balloon up in the air, but failed to do so because of strong winds. So we waited. And waited. And waited. Finally they just came around to all those who were waiting and handed out six eggs a piece. I can't say we weren't a little disappointed, but we were really hungry too, so we were anxious to leave and grab supper somewhere. Nevertheless, here are a few pictures from the Great, Grand, Marvelous, Spectacular, Greenville Egg Drop.







Now. The third egg hunt was on Easter Sunday after church. And since my girls are in different age categories, they are hunting eggs in two totally separate fields on the church grounds. So I'm only able to get pictures of one child hunting eggs. This year, I stayed with Lily, and Ti stayed with Julia. And I had the camera. So it looks like I have a few more pictures of Lily than I do of Julia, but I explained why, so it's okay. Without further adieu, here are pictures of our church egg hunt, along with a few pictures of the girls with their Easter baskets and a picture with Mimi and Papa and Layla.







So that was Easter. And the beginning of our Spring Break. I'll talk about the rest of Spring Break, though, in my next post.

1 comment: